Wedding Booking Conditions: 2019/20
1. A non-negotiable deposit of £500 is required to secure your booking. The deposit is non-refundable in the case of cancellation. We accept payment by cash, credit or bank transfer.
2. A booking must be confirmed in and payment of deposit within 7 days of making the provisional booking. Bookings will only be provisionally held for this time and your booking date is liable to be resold unless payment of the non-refundable deposit is received. Should written confirmation and a deposit not be received during this time then the booking will be cancelled without further contact being made.
3. The appropriate booking form must accompany the confirmation. Bookings will only be deemed to be confirmed once a signed booking form and payment of deposit are received.
4. The booking contract and the evidence must be completed and returned.
5. The full balance of your event must be paid in full within 1 month prior to the event taking place. We will invoice you for the total price of your wedding package (less any deposit paid) approximately 28 days before the scheduled date of your wedding. You must pay our invoice in full no later than 7 working days from the date of invoice. We accept payment by cash, cheque or bank transfer. We do not offer a credit facility and it is not possible to pay for your event after it has taken place. Failure to make full payment within 14 days of the event taking place will result in your event being cancelled by us with you liable to the terms outlined in our cancellation policy.
6. Additions to guest numbers and/or changes to food and beverage requirements within 28 days of your event must be made in writing and must be paid for in full at the time of notifying us. Refunds or exchanges will not be given should the number of guests attending the event fall below the number of guests that have been paid for.
7. All venue hire fees stated include VAT and all catering is in addition to the venue hire fee. It is not possible to only book the evening buffet option. The minimum spend for a function is subject to the discretion of the venue.
8. The person whose name appears as primary contact on the booking form will be held responsible in all cases for any damage how so ever caused by any of the invited guests.
9. Car parking… We will only reserve a car parking space for the Bride and Groom and endeavour to provide a reserved section of additional parking spaces for the immediate bridal party where possible. This is on a ‘best effort’ basis as we do not guarantee availability of parking spaces to accommodate an entire wedding party. Waterpark Barn Weddings shall in no event be liable to loss or damage to vehicles or items in the car park. Vehicles are parked entirely at the owners’ risk.
10. Waterpark Barn Weddings cannot accept responsibility for any personal items left after an event. Storage space in historic venues is limited and as such, personal items such as cakes, props or table decorations stored for your convenience after an event will be at the discretion of the venue manager. Any items that are stored will be held up to a maximum of 7 days after your event has taken place. We will dispose of personal items not collected after this time. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the venue building. However we do allow lit candles or small naked flames in designated indoor spaces i.e. tables etc.
11. Metallic foil confetti or glitter confetti must not be used inside any building or thrown outside in any open space whilst on the Mill site. The use of mass-market metallic foil confetti and glitter confetti is seriously harmful to the farm land and a significant cost is involved in the clean up after its use. Bio-degradable paper confetti or rose petals must be used as an alternative. It remains the responsibility of the primary contact on the booking form to ensure that all invited event guests are advised of and adhere to this policy. An additional clean up charge of £200 will be billed to any event organiser where metallic foil confetti or glitter has been used.
12. Cancellation: A cancellation of any booking would result in a very considerable loss for the Venue and Waterpark Barn Weddings. In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking, you must let the venue know in writing as soon as possible.
Please note that in the event that you cancel your booking, any deposit monies paid are non-refundable and the following charges will also apply:
9 or more months of hire date: Loss of deposit, no additional charges
Between 9 – 6 months of hire date: Loss of deposit + 25% of services booked
Between 3 – 6 months of hire date: Loss of deposit + 50% of services booked
Less than 3 months of hire date: Loss of deposit + 75% of services booked
Less than 28 days of hire date: Loss of deposit + 100% of services booked
Where the final price has yet to be finalised (for example, because you have not yet confirmed catering numbers), we shall base the cancellation charges on any minimum numbers set out in our quotation. a) In the event that, following cancellation, we are able to obtain another booking for the proposed hire date; we may waive some or all of the Charges, subject to any costs that we have incurred in obtaining another booking. If a booking has to be cancelled by Waterpark Barn Weddings, we will give you as much notice as possible and we will refund the deposit to you in full – all other cancellation charges outlined above will not apply. b) If a booking is cancelled by Waterpark Barn Weddings due to the Venue failing to receive full payment at least 14 days prior to the event taking place, then any deposit or additional monies paid will not be refunded and you agree to pay the full 100% total of your event as outlined in the table of cancellation charges above. Waterpark Barn Weddings will not be responsible for any disruption to the event due to the closure of the Property or Venue, failure to receive full payment of your event before taking place – or any restrictions of access that were unforeseen at the time of booking. If Waterpark Barn Weddings need to cancel or alter the booking in circumstances beyond reasonable control or where, in the reasonable opinion of the owners, it is necessary to perform or complete emergency works. If a booking has to be cancelled by Waterpark Barn Weddings, it will take reasonable steps to offer an alternative booking. If the Hirer does not accept the alternative offered, we will return the charges paid up to that date. An alternative date will not be offered when events have been cancelled due failure to receive full payment prior to an event as outlined in section (b).Waterpark Barn Weddings will not be liable for any losses caused by any type of cancellation or alteration. Whilst Waterpark Barn Weddings will make every reasonable effort to ensure a cancellation does not happen, you may wish to take out insurance cover against this occurrence.
13. Due to the farmland and wildlife you must not use the Venue for any purpose other than that set out on the front page of this Contract. You acknowledge that the property must be treated with due care and respect at all times and that you are responsible for ensuring the proper respect of the property by you, your contractors, their staff and your guests. Please note that breach of this provision may result in cancellation or termination (with no liability to Waterpark Barn Weddings) and a forfeiture of the Deposit.
14. Liability (Yours and Waterpark Barn Weddings): You will be liable to Waterpark Barn Weddings for any damage and/or loss sustained or any third party as a result of any act or omission by you, your contractors, staff or invitees, including as a result of any breach of this Agreement. You are therefore responsible for your contractors, staff and invitees. Waterpark Barn Weddings accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss (including loss sustained to any materials, equipment or personal possessions of the Hirer, its contractors, staff or invitees) unless such loss or damage is due to the negligence of Waterpark Barn Weddings. Nothing in this agreement excludes Waterpark Barn Weddings liability for death or personal injury caused by Waterpark Barn Weddings. Nothing in this agreement affects your statutory rights. Please speak to your citizens’ advice bureau if you would like further information as to your statutory rights.
15. Insurance shall be regarded as an essential pre-condition of the hire that appropriate indemnity insurance cover has been taken out by Waterpark Barn Weddings.
16. Contractors/Suppliers: The Hirer is responsible for any damage caused by their contractors or subcontractors regardless as to whether Waterpark Barn Weddings has approved/recommended them or not. It is advised that Hirers agree the terms and conditions of supplying products and services with each such contractor. The Hirer is to ensure that their contractors are aware of and abide by the restrictions set out in this contract. Only contractors who have been pre-approved by Waterpark Barn Weddings will be able to operate within the Property. Please note that, where Waterpark Barn Weddings provides a recommendation or suggestion as to potential third party service providers, you should check that those service providers are suitable as Waterpark Barn Weddings will not be liable for those third party service providers. Please speak to us about any contractors that you wish to use.
17. Complaints: Should you have any complaint or query about your Hire, please let our Manager know at the time of occurrence and confirm this in writing within 28 days following the relevant incident.
18. Personal: This agreement is personal to the Hirer who shall not be entitled to assign, sub-contract or otherwise transfer its obligations under this contract to anyone else. Other than Waterpark Barn Weddings (who shall be entitled to enforce this contract), a person who is not a party to this Contract has no right to enforce any term of this Contract.
19. Changes: Any changes to this Contract, once signed, must be made in writing and agreed by both parties.
20. No tenancy: This Contract is for the period of hire only and is not intended to create a tenancy or lease, nor any continuing rights.
21. Severability: If any provision of this contract is deemed unenforceable by any competent body this shall not affect the remainder of the contract.
22. Governing Law: This Contract shall be governed by the laws of Scotland. We both agree to submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Additional terms of hire
23. The function shall be by private invitation only.
24. For health, safety and security reasons the numbers of guests agreed within this contract must not be exceeded, unless written agreement is received. A full list of all attendees, including contractors, staff and invitees, must be provided no later than 14 days prior to the function.
25. The Hirer, its contractors, staff and invitees shall comply with all health, safety and emergency procedures and instructions notified by Waterpark Barn Weddings. If a marquee or any other external equipment is brought onto the Property they must be situated in areas designated.
26. No electrical equipment shall be fixed or installed at the Property without the approval and all portable equipment must have a current test certificate (Portable Appliance Test). Any free standing equipment should be of a sturdy construction. The Hirer shall ensure that the electrical system of the Property is not overloaded.
27. The Hirer shall not issue, publish, display or erect any advertisement, poster, programme or literature without the prior written consent. No such material shall be authorised where it is reasonably considered to be in bad taste, obscene or harmful to the reputation of the Property or to Waterpark Barn Weddings.
28. The Hirer shall not use the Venue nor act in any way on the Property in such a way as to cause any nuisance, damage, disturbance, annoyance, inconvenience or interference to any adjoining or neighbouring property or to the owners, occupiers or users of such adjoining or neighbourhood property.
29. Parking areas for contractors, suppliers and guests must be strictly adhered to, so that access is available to emergency vehicles at all times. A schedule may be required detailing arrival times, size of vehicles etc. for all suppliers at least 14 days in advance of the Function.
30. Music is only allowed where this has been previously agreed and shall be subject to restrictions as to amplification and times.
31. The Hirer shall permit Waterpark Barn Weddings or the police/regulatory authority or their authorised agents to visit all parts of the Venue at any time and for any purpose.
32. The Hirer will ensure that the Property’s ‘No Smoking’ rules are observed, and only permit smoking in the designated area.
33. The Hirer must not permit any unlawful or political activities to be carried out at the Property.
34. No food or drink shall be brought to the Property other than by an approved caterer to the agreed designated areas.
35. The Venue will be left clean and tidy and in the same condition as before the function. The Hirer shall not make any changes or additions to the Venue of any kind. Where the Venue is left in an unsatisfactory condition Waterpark Barn Weddings shall be entitled to levy a Surcharge.
36. Due to the vast farmlands and wildlife the Hirer must ensure that any children attending the function are kept under careful supervision.
37. No furniture or other contents within the Property may be moved unless by prior agreement.
38. Accidents and damage must be reported to the Waterpark Barn Weddings representative immediately so that appropriate action can be taken to minimise permanent damage, and the Hirer must sign an Accident Damage Report form before they leave the Property.
39. Any item brought into the Property shall be the entire responsibility of the Hirer.